Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I took the apron that I have been working on to the cleaners so I needed a project to work on. So, I pulled out a project that I started a couple of years ago. This is the scarf to go with the Kyjov costume I made for Sarah. I took the antique scarf to a copier and made a copy of it. Then I taped it together to create a pattern to transfer the design to the fabric. I used sewing tracing paper to apply the design to the fabric. The costume is lovely without the scarf so I haven't been in too big of a rush to finish but it is a small project I can carry easily to work on in the car, doctor's office or anywhere I am stuck waiting. What do you think?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I would love to learn how to embroider so i could work on things while I'm sitting at work etc. You do such a beautiful job!

Sharon Middlebrook Mena said...

Aw, thanks Stefanie!