Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting started on Hanacky Kroj

What a find! I found a book on Czech-Slovakian Embroideries. Look at this beautiful design...perfect for my new project. The design features lots of cut-work but due to time, I am not doing the cut-work. I am instead going to embellish the design with beads, sequins and rhinestones. Sarah is hoping to wear this costume to an event at the end of September and the cut-work takes much more time. I scanned the desired design in to the computer and printed it out of vellum (transparent) paper. By doing this, I can print a new pattern any time I wish. Then I place the pattern over the area I want to embroider and trace the design with tracing paper. You can see the start of the embroidered design but I have lots more to do.



2 comments:

Caty said...

Your work is stunning Sharon! =)

Sharon Middlebrook Mena said...

Many thanks Caty. As you can see from the earlier posts, I learned a lot as I went along.